I was thrilled today to learn that, among terrific competition, I walked away with the SEMMY award for Local SEO. The article was written to help businesses wanting to be listed in Google Local/Maps and also adhere to Google’s new rules about business listings.
If you’re a business looking to get the best of Local Search, you should carefully read every one of these articles, print them out, and read them again.
- Leveraging Small Business Customer Reviews and Testimonials Online
Steven Brier, Search Engine Journal | 3/24/09
- SBS Mailbag: When Local Keyword Research is a Dead End
Matt McGee, Small Business Search Marketing | 3/26/09
- The Local Search Ranking Factors: Ranking High in Google Maps and Yahoo Local
David Mihm, Mihmorandum | 5/26/09
- Edit, Remove and Respond To Reviews – Tools For Conflict Resolution
Miriam Ellis, SEO Igloo | 5/29/09
- What is Location Prominence?
Mike Blumenthal, Understanding Google Maps & Local Search | 6/8/09