Preventative ORM is the Best ORM
The smartest approach for any brand is to undertake preventative ORM and we can assist with the planning and execution of these programs. If a powerful blog or forum ranks on page one of Google for your brand, you are at risk. This means that essentially anyone who wishes could post there can have a negative impact on your brand when people perform due diligence on you.
This may involve working with your legal department to document/register intellectual property assets and providing documentation for C&D or litigation.
A negative post, true or not, can shut down a company lead funnel, even when the negative post is NOT by someone you consider a “customer.”
These broad issues are covered in a strong ORM program – but these are highly variant depending on the client and situation.
- Survey business tactics, public attitudes
- Survey search engine results pages
- Survey back-link profiles for problem sites
- Monitoring brand and product names
- Pro-active engagement practices for social media
- Repair corporate website SEO issues.
- Create micro-sites, social media profiles and blogs.
- Conduct organic SEO on corporate sites, micro-sites, blogs.
- Insert paid placements at strategic locations.
How long does Crisis ORM take?
There is no way to know. If your competitors are weak, then a few months may be all that’s necessary. If they are strong, it can take 8-12 months or more to dislodge a negative listing. This is why it’s always better to try to deal with the issue at the source.
Do Reviews and Ratings Still Matter?
100% absolutely yes – no matter what business you’re in. The difference between strong and poor review click through rates are huge. If you’re a franchise, this impact is multiplied.