Rand Fishkin of SEOMOZ gives a well-articulated list of advice for start-up CEOs. I think it applies to all types of CEOs, team leaders, and in some cases consultants.
Go read the list…. which includes:
- A Voracious Appetite for Knowledge
- Seeing the Good in Everyone
- Caring About More than Money
And some specific to running a new-media-oriented firm:
- A background in usability (woo hoo!!!!)
- Ability to communicate in multiple mediums
- Cultivating a culture of analytics. (*Scott waves fists in air – woo hooo!!!)
It’s a not-to-be-missed post that offers a point of view on the issues many of my clients are facing.