I am proud and humbled by coverage in Lexington Herald Leader’s Business Section where we discuss ideas for breaking into social media marketing. A huge thanks to Tom Martin for the outstanding questions and giving me the opportunity to offer a bit of advice in my home city!
Here are some of the questions answered:
- Businesses using social media — what are the latest trends?
- Control is a major issue for a lot of businesses. The notion of allowing their website to be used for discussion they’re not able to control must have been an impediment at first. Has that been overcome?
- You’ve written that many companies are quite ignorant about their audience’s behaviors and informational needs, focusing entirely on the tiny fraction who make it to the sales process without considering the opportunity to add layers of trust to their brand in the time between sales. Can you elaborate on that?
- There are business owners who are still reluctant to engage in social media because they don’t have much personal experience with how it works. What do you say to them?
- I own a small business and my resources are very limited so I don’t devote a lot of time to social media, yet I’ve sensed that the world is passing me by. What can I do?
For the answers, head over to the story
If you’d prefer an audio version, click here to visit WEKU’s program page. (88.9 FM WEKU)