Forensic SEO is the practice of uncovering cause and effect as it relates to current rank or traffic scenarios. Often the scenario involves a drop in ranking, or perhaps a penalty (manual or automated) from Google or Bing search engines. Understanding the reasons this happened and knowing what the next steps are offers the best chance to minimize damage to your site or brand.
An incorrect or inconsistent approach to a penalty removal or traffic recovery can cause long-term issues and I will only use best practices on your behalf. Some scenarios are simple and recovery might only take a few hours. Many, unfortunately, are not, and require a full project with a systematic approach. It is unlikely to recover previous high rank in most cases where spammy link building has caused a drop in ranking, but we can prevent a full-on free-fall and set you on the path to recovery.
Some elements of a Forensic SEO Project Include:
- Analyze the current scenario
- Gather evidence about the current site
- Prioritize issues and determine most likely causes
- Structure a clean-up procedure and communicate it to client
- Execute the clean up procedure
- Clean up the search engine caches as much as possible
- Proceed with a full, long-term recovery strategy based on best practices.