I’ve been having a heck of a time with my IP address and Google. While Lauren does a terrific job over at Google tracking down that problem, I thought it might be a good time to run over the use of the Google Ad Preview tool, a savior for times like these.
The parameter that does the magic is “&adtest=on“, after which, you can add:
- Target country: use ‘&gl=aa,’ where aa is the
- Target region: use ‘&gr=bb-bb,’ where bb-bb is the
- Target city: use ‘&gcs=c,’ where c is the name of a city.
You have to set the region code first!
- Target latitude and longitude: use ‘&gll=latitude,longitude,’ in micro-degrees.
- Target postal code (US only): use ‘&gl=US&gpc=nnnnn,’ where nnnnn is any 5-digit US postal code.
- Target DMA (US only): use ‘&gm=ddd,’ where ddd is the
US Metropolitan Region code