I don’t know why it’s so hard for many businesses to realize that they must change not just their website, but their entire business culture to prepare for the Social Media revolution.
This video does a great job of putting the “A-ha moments” in your face.
Here are 5 of the (dozens) of stats presented on this video.
- By 2010 Gen Y will outnumber Baby Boomers….and 96% of them join social networks.
- Social Media overtook porn as the #1 web activity
- 1 in 8 newly married couples met in social networks.
- Years to Reach 50 millions Users: Radio (38 Years), TV (13 Years), Internet (4 Years), iPod (3 Years)…Facebook added 100 million users in less than 9 months…iPhone applications hit 1 billion in 9 months.
- If Facebook were a country it would be the world’s 4th largest after the U.S.A.
- ….more in the video…