SEO Basics for Business
Organic Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a name given to the strategic and tactical process used to improve your visibility in Search Engines when a customer searches for something related to what you offer as a business. Higher ranking generally means more traffic, and that generally means more customers.
Categories of SEO:
- On-page (adjusting your website)
- Off-page (affecting your link profile)
- Local (focus on ranking well in a city or region)
- Mobile (focus on mobile-first indexes)
- Forensic (recovering from a penalty)
- Site Migration (moving from old to new site)
- ORM (Online Reputation Management)
The Components of Organic SEO
Achieving Optimization usually involves some of the following activities:
- SEO Audit – documenting your situation.
- Keyword Research – are we optimizing for the right phrases.
- Developing or Understanding the customer’s persona as a searcher… their state of mind and the differences between searching early or later in their purchase “journey.”
- On-Page SEO (technical adjustments to your site to rank better)
- Off-Page SEO (link building and social media related actions outside your direct control)
- Analytics and Reporting (many analytics setups need repair.)
- Knowledge Transfer and Training – helping my clients become self sufficient on most aspects of SEO for the future.
- Additional consulting – assisting with new products, new brands or changes in how Google ranks sites over time.
More Details about Organic SEO