Small Business TV Advertising still vital when these numbers are considered
Hey, The Census Bureau just put out a snapshot of how Americans are using media in the Statistical Abstract of the United States, Here are a few hilights…
- 41 days listening to radio.. okay, multitasking is good.
- 7 days using the Internet (email and web) ..yeah, right.
- 7 days reading the newspaper… oooh..kay.
- 7 days listening to recorded music…
- 65 days in front of TV (25% of waking hours!)
Call me naive Just who are they measuring, anyhow? Even though I am here in “Kean-tucky” everyone I know have vastly different habits than these shown with the web, books, and newspapers taking far more time than shown.
The statistical Americans are in front of the TV 25% of their waking hours… so that really does run down the chances we’ll run into each other. A quick walk around the neighborhood at night will show lots of flickering TVs in the living rooms. Wow. You do have to recalibrate a bit and realize that not everyone is out here surfing the blogosphere. It’s easy to get out of whack when you spend so much time on the web.