Some highlights from the report (no surprises really)
- SERP listings #1-3 Click-Through Rate is 36 percent on average.
- The correlation for links remains high, but links’ importance may be dropping.
- All of the top 100 domains have a mobile friendly versions. Lower ranked pages have mobile friendly version around 78%
- HTTPS/SSL is present for just under 50% of top pages.
- The URLs with the highest content relevance are those on positions 3 to 6.
- 53% percent of the top 20 pages included the tested keyword in their title.
- Mobile pages load around 1 second faster than desktop, probably because desktop content is 1/3 longer than mobile content (mobile first index!?)
- Structured data use is on the rise.
- “.com” still dominates.
- The average Bounce Rate for top sites is46 percent and the dwell time just over 3 minutes.
image (cc) by Dudley Carr