Marketing With Google Adwords
Google Adwords is the sponsored link system operated by Google.
It is Google’s chief source of income and one of the most advanced and largest advertising networks in the world.
Google Adwords is divided into different modes of paid search marketing:
- Google Search Network – Advertisers choose keyword phrases that they want to advertise “on” and with proper design and funding, their ads will appear on the Google search engine results page (SERP) as well as partners, such as AOL.
- Google Content Network – Google matches your ads and keywords to contextually similar web pages in their content network. You can let Google decide which sites on which your ads appear or you can use their placement targeting to narrow it down. You can let Google choose placements or do your own custom placements.
Optimizing Google Adwords
First of all, I am a Google AdWords Certified Partner and have been optimizing campaigns for years.
To run a cost effective campaign in Google Adwords there are several critical factors you must keep under control.
- Costs Compared to Other Marketing
- Reach Compared to Other Marketing
- Type of Consumer Using Google’s Systems
- Effectiveness of Keywords
- Effectiveness of Ads
- Effectiveness of Landing Pages
- Effect on Your Brand
Some of the measurements used include
- Impressions (how many times your ad displays)
- Click Through Rate (clicks / impressions)
- Quality Score (Google’s score of how good your ad is)
- Exit Rate (The percentage of people who leave your site rapidly)
- Conversion Rate (The percentage of people who buy, versus just visit)
- Profits Per Visitor
- Profits Per Sale
…each of these are variant based on geography, time of day, and competition.
Establishing Your Sweet Spot on Paid Search
The deep beauty of paid search is the way it can be used to execute experiments that help you find the ideal combination of keywords, ads, and landing page offers. With the world as your experimental sample, you can design “rotating experiments” that tell you, quickly, what is resonating with your customers and what is generating profits. Once you know this, future decisions about where to spend your marketing money become easier to make, with less waste.
When completed, a paid search campaign will put you in touch of customers at the very moment they are searching for what you sell. You’ll be amazed by how it works.
This Seem Confusing?
Don’t worry! My role in your Internet profitablity plan is to make all of this simple and custom to your own business needs. I use plain English when discussing concepts and explain all aspects of it so that you can not only understand it, but act on it!
More Information about Google Adwords